President Bola Tinubu has recently approved the appointment of various agencies’ chief executives in the Ministry of Communications, Innovation, and Digital Economy.
The Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Ajuri Ngelale, confirmed the development in a statement on Wednesday, 11th October, 2023, in Abuja.
The reappointed officials are as follows:
1. Aminu Maida: Executive Vice Chairman/CEO of the Nigerian Communications Commission, NCC.
2. Nkechi Egerton-Idehen: Managing Director/CEO of the Nigerian Communications Satellite Limited, NIGCOMSAT.
3. Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi: Director General/CEO of the National Information Technology Development Agency, NITDA.
4. Dr. Vincent Olatunji: National Commissioner/CEO of the Nigeria Data Protection Commission, NDPC.
5. Tola Odeyemi: Postmaster General/CEO of the Nigerian Postal Service, NIPOST.
Aminu Maida will be replacing Umar Danbatta as the executive vice chairman of the NCC, while Nkechi Egerton-Idehen will take over from Tukur Mohammed Lawal in NIGCOMSAT. Tola Odeyemi will be replacing Sunday Adepoju as the chief executive officer of NIPOST.
In addition, the President has also given approval for Idris Alubankudi to serve as a Special Adviser on Technology and Digital Economy.
This appointment aligns with the President’s commitment to fully utilize Nigeria’s established technological and digital economic capabilities to strengthen the nation’s economy and promote financial inclusion.
The statement further mentioned that these appointments are effective immediately.
Story: Asma’u Sani